Institute for Applied Informatics - University Leipzig
Based on the Higher Education Law of Saxony (Article 105), the InfAI was recognized as an adjunct institute on 14th October 2008 by the University of Leipzig under the auspices of Prof. Dr. iur. Franz Häuser. The legal recognition has allowed this registered association to act and work as Instiute of Applied Informatics e.V. at the University of Leipzig.
The goal of the Institute for Applied Informatics (InfAI) e.V. is to promote science and research in the areas of computer science and business computing.
This aim is to be achieved through:
- the promotion of research and teaching at the University of Leipzig by fundraising and the allocation of funds to the University of Leipzig for their use in research and teaching.
- the realization of interdisciplinary research projects whose results will be made public through diverse channels.
- the promotion of cooperation in the areas of computer science and business computing at universities by arranging workshops, symposia and congresses.
In order to reach these goals, the institute:
- is involved in research activities and awards contracts to third parties for research projects,
- supports and realizes non-profit research projects at the University of Leipzig,
- organizes workshops and seminars on specific topics as well as conferences and congresses,
- establishes contacts between and to other organizations and institutions which pursue and foster similar goals.